The Strasburg Indian’s Athletic Booster Club’s mission is to foster an environment that inspires students, student athletes, coaches, parents, alumni and the community to collectively create a positive and spirited atmosphere for all Indian athletic programs. The Booster Club offers support through fundraising, encourages strong moral character and good sportsmanship, while promoting a winning school spirit through athletics.
How to get involved in YOUR Booster Club:
The SHS Booster Club is a collaborative committee, with the help of school administration, whose mission is to enrich the Strasburg High School athletic community by assisting in financial support for Indian athletics programs, this is done by funding areas of need that are not fully covered by the school. We are dedicated to the continued support of our students, and coaching staff. In addition to financial support, our Booster Club recognizes that participation in high school athletics benefits everyone and promotes opportunities to build and strengthen relationships among all involved: the student body, coaches, teaching staff, parents, alumni and community. We strive to support activities and academic excellence, create a winning school spirit, promote team unity, and maintain the history and tradition of excellence for all students at Strasburg High School.
The objectives of the Club are as follows:
- The primary purpose of the Booster club is to raise supplemental funds for interscholastic sports for Strasburg high school (SHS)
- Develop an organization with an active and involved membership that is concerned with the athletic programs and all its participants regardless of sex, race, socio-economic status or chosen sports activity.
- The Booster Club will strive to develop an organization that will be run with the highest level of ethics and integrity and will be done in a manner consistent with the educational mission of the Strasburg School District’s community.
- Encourage and support the academic endeavors of SHS (see comment below) student athletes.
- Promote school spirit and sportsmanship and encourage attendance at all SHS athletic events.
- Aid the staff in organizing and staging special events and projects.
- Aid and support the school staff in the areas of sports promotion, publicity, (move) and program development.
- The Booster Club will streamline communication and publicity regarding all Booster Club activities and athletic events.