(A survey for community input on the selection process at the bottom of this page. We hope to hear from you!)
The School District of Strasburg 31J, located in Strasburg, CO is seeking a Superintendent with strong leadership skills for the 2022-23 school year, beginning July 1, 2022. The chosen candidate will serve approximately 160 staff and nearly 1,200 students at Strasburg High School and the Prairie Creek Alternative Program High School, Hemphill Middle School, and Strasburg Elementary School. The District has a $10.5 million dollar operating budget.
Strasburg, Colorado is situated in an ideal location and is only thirty minutes east of Denver and 25 minutes from the Denver International Airport. Strasburg is 45 miles due west of the foothills of the beautiful Rocky Mountains and a 2 hour drive to Summit County, home to some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the United States. Its public school system is renowned for its long-standing legacy of educational excellence, tradition of rigorous academic achievement and an extremely competitive and successful athletic program.
Strasburg is a growing community with a population of approximately 3,000 people, which has increased almost 25% since the last census. If you are looking for a community that is willing to roll up its sleeves and do whatever it takes to support a public school district, then this is the place for you! The Strasburg Board of Education is focused on student success and community collaboration.
The Strasburg School District has a strong fund balance and is in excellent financial standing. Recently, SSD passed a 20 million dollar bond to complete building renovations and additions at the elementary and high schools. The Strasburg School. District was awarded $3.7M to augment the bond passed in the 2021 elections cycle for the high school and elementary school building systems/safety renovation and expansion project.
- Email full resume/vitae that includes, cover letter (stating your interest and how you believe you will be a great fit for the position and what current administrative license(s) you hold)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Three names and contact information for three additional references (must be different names than the letters of recommendation)
- Please scan and email in one continuous document using the same order as above.
- To support your candidacy, you may add up to five additional pages of information at the end of your application document, such as news articles, press releases, testimonials, letters, events, awards received, and presentations.
- The annual salary range for this position is $110,000-$145,000 (dependent on experience).
Completed application materials should be emailed to Both Mike Richie at firstname.lastname@example.org and Brian Ewert at email@example.com with Strasburg 31J SEARCH in the subject line. Screening interviews begin as applications are received. The slate of candidates will be presented to the Board in mid February, 2022
Please also check out this flyer for more information: Flyer
Strasburg School District is interested in your input as they seek to hire a new superintendent. This survey is designed to gather your perceptions of the school district and the importance of various characteristics found in effective superintendents. The information will be used to determine the desired characteristics of the next Superintendent. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. The survey is conducted by a search firm, which ensures that your individual responses are kept anonymous and confidential.
QR code for the survey: