6th Grade Art Syllabus
Welcome to 6th Grade Art. My name is Ms. Fisher and I look forward to being your Art Teacher. This class is a basic overview of how art is used in the world today. Some of the areas we will focus on is how your life influences your art; how to critique a piece of art to make it better; how art can have multiple purposes; experiment with different art mediums; and we will study different art periods and styles. You will also use a variety of supplies in both 2D & 3D artworks throughout the semester.
- Students will learn how culture, history and personal outlook effect art.
- Students will look at how art is used in the world today.
- Students will learn how to critique art orally and written.
- Students will learn how ancient societies and culture used art within their societies.
- Students will learn about different art mediums and how to best utilize them.
Topics of Study:
- The art process
- Influences on artist – culture, art history, nature, personal beliefs & technology
- Types of art careers
- Critiquing art
- Different art periods
- Connections between visual arts and other disciplines
Participation: Students will receive 10 points every 5 days for participation. Students will lose points for lack of participation or inappropriate behavior in class.
- Bell work will be 10 points each, with a total of 50 points every 5 days.
- “Celebrating Your Failures” will be worth 10 points.
- Projects will be worth between 20-30 points depending on difficulty level and will follow a basic rubric unless otherwise specified.
Supplies: See school supply list for misc. Spiral Bound unlined sketchbooks & all supplies – DUE by the 4th day of school
Office Hours: After school by appointment only - 3:30-4pm, Monday - Thursday
Ms. Fisher 303.622.9213 ext.170 Email: AFisher@strasburg31j.com